PostgreSQL La base de donnees la plus sophistiquee au monde.

Forums PostgreSQL.fr

Le forum officiel de la communauté francophone de PostgreSQL

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 21/10/2016 16:29:35

parora0124
Membre

initdb running while installing PostgreSQL 9.5 on Windows

I had a question about PostgreSQL 9.5 installation on WIndows. I am trying to upgrade my server from PostgreSQL 9.3 to 9.5 and I noticed a difference while installing PG9.5 . I use this script to install PG 9.5 :

"postgresql-9.5.4-1.exe --serviceaccount postgres --servicepassword DataBase1 --servicename PostgreSQL95 --prefix C:\Database\postgresql --datadir C:\Database\datadir\postgresql --mode unattended"

When I execute this script, it runs the initdb, creates the DataDir (i.e. C:\Database\datadir\postgresql) , also creates the PostgreSQL95 service and starts it which was not the case with PostgreSQL 9.3 . I used the same script for 9.3 and it did not 1. Run the initdb and created the data directory 2. Register the DB service and start it during the time of installation.

I wanted to know if there is a way to just install PG9.5 without running initdb and getting the DB service registered?

I do not want to use the --extract-only option.

Thanks

Dernière modification par parora0124 (21/10/2016 16:30:19)

#2 21/10/2016 16:52:58

rjuju
Administrateur

Re : initdb running while installing PostgreSQL 9.5 on Windows

Hello,

This is a french board.  Anyway, you're probably looking for the binaries only, not the installer: http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-se … indownload

#3 21/10/2016 17:08:33

parora0124
Membre

Thanks for the info rjuju .. I am not looking for Binaries only. I am looking for the installer. If I use --extract-only option with the Postgresql95.exe it extracts out the Binaries and thats not what I am looking for.

When you install PostgreSQL using an installer, it adds the PostgreSQL entries into the registry and creates an Uninstaller.exe as well which is not done using Binaries. Also, I would need to install VC++ environment separately, which I dont want to do and thus using an installer.

I used the same script in PG9.3 and it only installed the DB onto the system. It did not create the DB service or run dbinit during the time of installation. So, I am looking for installting PostgreSQL 9.5 using the installer but want to skip the initdb and service creation part (If Possible).

Thanks

Dernière modification par parora0124 (21/10/2016 17:21:56)

#4 21/10/2016 17:44:53

rjuju
Administrateur

As far as I know the registry entries and uninstaller.exe are just artifacts due to installing lots of stuff and configuring lots of stuff like the service, which you don't want.

Anyway I can understand the vc++ issue. So if the binary only is not enough and the installer too much, I advice you to ask entreprise db or bigsql how to solve your problem, since it's their installers, not community one.

#5 21/10/2016 18:03:00

parora0124
Membre

Thanks for the comments rjuju.

#6 12/07/2017 18:23:59

reda
Membre

si je travaille avec windows 7 64 bit qu'est ce qu'il faut faire , j'avais le méme probléme

aidez moi et merci d'avance

Pied de page des forums